Ready to break a sweat at home? All you need is a TRX cable, a door and these 6 awesome strength moves!
1. Crunch and curl Place TRX door anchor over door; shut tightly. Sit facing the TRX and grip handles, palms up, then lie back on floor, knees bent, feet flat, arms extended. Lift shoulders and back as you curl hands toward shoulders (as shown). Slowly return to floor for one rep. Do 12 reps. Works: biceps, and abs.
2. Whittling wheelbarrow Kneel, facing away from the TRX, and hook toes into handles. Walk hands forward until back and legs are straight (plank position). Bend knees, pulling them toward chest (as shown). Hold for one count. Return to plank, then do a push-up, for one rep. Do 12 reps. Works: triceps, chest, abs, and hips.
3. Butt blaster With back to the TRX, hook right toes into both handles and hop left foot forward, extending right leg until almost straight, hands on hips. Bend left knee to lower into a lunge, knee over ankle (as shown). Rise to standing on one leg to complete one rep. Do 12 reps. Switch sides; repeat. Works: butt, abs, hips, and thighs.
4. Best seat in the house Facing the TRX, hold both handles in left hand, right hand on hip. Squat (as shown). As you return to standing, pull arm back until left wrist is at chest, driving elbow behind you, squeezing shoulder blade and butt for one rep. Do 12 reps. Switch sides; repeat. Works: butt, shoulders, back, and thighs.
5. Lift off Place heels in TRX handles and lie faceup, legs extended, arms at sides, palms down. Lift hips until torso aligns with legs and body forms a straight line (to start). Bend knees to 90 degrees, bringing heels toward butt (as shown). Return to start for one rep. Do 12 reps. Works: abs, butt, and thighs.
6. Perk-up With back to the TRX, stand with feet hip-width apart, holding handles with arms extended to front, parallel to floor, palms down. Lean forward onto balls of feet (to start). Bend elbows and lean body farther forward, lifting left leg behind you and squeezing butt (as shown). Return to start. Switch legs; repeat for one rep. Do 12 reps. Works: shoulders, triceps, chest, abs, and butt.
Photos: Bill Diodato