Its International Picnic Day! Weve rounded up our best picnic recipes, plus extra picnic tips.
It may be International Sushi Day today, but believe it or not, it’s also International Picnic Day! And because sushi may not be your picnic food of choice, we’ve collected our best picnic recipes, plus some other picnic tips.
Even if it’s just in your backyard, eating outside on a blanket is so much more fun than at a dinner table! Choose your favourite recipes (mix and match to create a menu you love), round up the whole family (Fido too!), and get outside to celebrate.
Salads and sides
- Awesome Lentil and Rice Salad
- Avocado and Grapefruit Salad
- Devilled Eggs
Sandwiches and mains
- Old-Fashioned Oven-Baked Chicken
- Lentil Quinoa Burgers with Hemp Pesto
- Tofu Pitas with Chunky Peanut Sauce
- Salmon Salad on Rye
- Chocolate Cupcakes
- Old-Fashioned Oatmeal Cookies
Looking for more picnic tips?
- Our recent article “Picnic Sports” shares the best warmup and cool down exercises for the classic picnic sports that the whole family loves.
- Check out our 12 picnic tips for food safety, storage and packing suggestions, and fun ideas.