Try one of these tasty dips or spreads to take raw veggies and crackers to the next level.
What do pretzels, carrot sticks, and endive have in common? Well, they all taste better when dunked into a tasty dip, as do cucumber rounds, toasted pita wedges, tortilla chips, blanched green beans, and more!
Whether you’re hosting a get-together or just looking to amp up your afternoon snack, a creamy, spicy, or savoury dip or spread will take raw veggies and crackers to the next level. Plus, a great dip is an easy way to add a little oomph to your Meatless Monday meals—check it out below.
- Smoky Guacamole. This Mexican fave features chipotle peppers in adobo sauce to give it that smoky, spicy flavour. Slather it on top of a high-quality veggie patty (either made from scratch or purchased at your natural health retailer) with some Monterey Jack cheese.
- Sweet Potato, Lime, and Cucumber Dip. Spread this tangy dip on a whole grain tortilla, top with fresh veggies, and wrap it up for a convenient meal on the go.
- Lentil Tapenade. Cooking for one? Prepare yourself a French-inspired tapas plate with Lentil Tapenade; crudités or baguette; French cheeses such as Camembert, Boursin, and brie; and fruit such as plums and grapes.
- Edamame and Pea Hummus. This modern take on the classic hummus features protein-rich edamame and green peas. Control your salt intake by making your own pita chips by cutting whole grain pita bread into eighths, brushing with extra-virgin olive oil and a sprinkle of salt, and baking until crunchy.
- Jamaican Mango Papaya Salsa. A barbecue isn’t only good for cooking up meat. Grill up some marinated tofu steaks and top with a hefty serving of this tropical salsa.
- Mexican Flag Salsa. Skip the ketchup-y jarred salsa and whip up this fresh, authentic Mexican salsa. Eat with organic corn chips, or use as a topper for quinoa burgers.